Thursday, 25 September 2014

Assignment 1

pastedGraphic.pdf                               Domestic violence physical abuse

Budgeting

When I am filming my short film one of the most important things that I must check is how much it will cost for various things such as the camera and lighting that may be used. It will cost me more money if I decide to have a green screen if I put  editing in my short film. This all could cost a high price and could go over the budget of how much I have got to spend on the short film. I might have to also pay for the location depending on where I shot my short film. I have to think about the cast and crew as they will need to be paid from doing their jobs to help make the film. The most money that I am intending on paying so that I do not go over budget which is at least £1,000 or less. 

          Skim reading







Jacobs,N,  Standing together against domestc violence, 2011,http://www.standingtogether.org.uk/standingtogetherlondonwhat/standingtogetherwhoweare/

 This is a website that I have screenshotted is called standing togehter against domestic violence. what this website does I help to reduce the amount of domestic violence that is occuring.  I have skim read as there are key words about the domestic violence and each section of the screenshot has various things such as healthcare, the effects of domestic violence. The website can give you links and contact people in order to help stop the domestic violence. I had skim read through the words to quickly find the information of each section about domestic violence. When I start to shot my short film in my editing I will put a link to websites like this for people who need help from domestic violence so they will know who to go for help and will not have to live in fear any more.










Scan reading






Murrary,J,Womans Aid, 1974,http://www.neilstoolbox.com/bibliography-creator/reference-website.htm

The website I have uploaded on to my blogger is called womans aid and it is a charity based for women and to support them through things like domestic violence physical abuse and it is for people to donate and support women who are being abused. I researched this by scan reading through this charity website by always finding the key word which is abuse and domestic and physical when I was looking through the texts. If I decide to make my short based on women suffering under physical domestic violence I will mention this charity to create awareness about  it so people will know that there is this website which will help people who are being physicly abused.

Summarised and read with concentration








Of Com,http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

 This website is of com and they make sure that films are suitable and legal for people to watch.When i’m making my short film I should consider what is should to make the film look suitable and good to watch. There are some things that may not be suitable for me to put in and would not be allowed to show it to other people. If I decide to shoot my short film in a certain location that I may not be allowed to film then I have to makes sure that I have permission to do it in the location so that i can film freely.

Another thing that I should be aware of is making sure what I am filming will not become offensive to some people as this will not be good for the short film as it is not meant to be offensive. So in my short film I will avoid doing sexual abuse, to avoid getting of com involved, as this is just another form of physical abuse. I have read this website with concentration as it had given me valuable information and it helps me to decide what will be suitable and appropate to put into my short film. 

I also got this information by summarising the texts on this website so i know a bit more about this website as it helps you to get licensing and this can help me when I am making my short film as I will not have to worry about any complaints from Of com. 

Legal and ethical constraints

I have to make sure that i have a right target audience and it would be ethical to make the short film not too violent or inappropriate in case there are going to be young viewers  watching it. If I decide to make my short film for a target audience of people older and mature to watch it then I have to make sure that i am legally obliged to do this as I will have to make sure that there is a restriction for younger audiences so that if my short film is on YouTube then I will have to put a restriction up saying that you will have to sign in to your Google account to confirm your age.

 I would have to put a rating on my movie so that the audience will know if it is a movie with violence as it says at the back of most movies saying contains strong violence which I might have to do if I make my short film like that. Depending on what path I choose it will still affect my company as we could get bad reviews about the movie if it was too violent with the physical abuse. So when making my short film, I will make sure to go over each part of the scene that i am going to make and see if it is going to be approbate by getting opinions of other people which should help me in the end to decide what to do with the scene, if i should keep parts in or take some parts out to make the scene better and legal for the audience that will watch this.



Copy and paste

  1. ww.webmd.com/mental-health/tc/domestic-abuse-topic-overview

    23 Dec 2011 ... Physical, verbal, or sexual abuse is not okay in any relationship. ... Domesticabuse is also called intimate partner violence or domestic violence ...


    does your partner:

    • Embarrass you with put-downs?
    • Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
    • Control what you do, who you see or talk to, or where you go?
    • Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
    • Take your money or paychecks, make you ask for money, or refuse to give you money?
    • Make all of the decisions?
    • Tell you that you're a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
    • Prevent you from working or going to school?
    • Act like the abuse is no big deal or is your fault, or even deny doing it?
    • Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
    • Intimidate you with guns, knives, or other weapons?
    • Shove you, slap you, choke you, or hit you?
    • Threaten to commit suicide?
    • Threaten to kill you?
    • Prevent you from using birth control or from protecting yourself fromsexually transmitted infections (STIs)/HIV?

     Harris,J,2011,domestic abuse topic overview, www.wmd.com/mental/tc/domestic-abuse-topic-overview 

    I have copied and pasted this extract from a website which is called Domestic abuse topic overview. It shows domestic violence and all the ways of having to be in a relationship in domestic violence. By seeing all these ways of causing domestic violence physical I can use these in making my short film by performing things like having someone doing this type of violence with the information above that I have copied and pasted.

     There is a lot of options for me to pick so for my short film I will pick at least two or three methods from the bullet points above and see how it works when I start filming my short film. Also, when making my short film, I should not just concentrate on the whole violence with someone just beaten someone but focus on the victim and how it has effect their lives by having to live in this horrible relationship. 

    So I can make this a very emotional short film by mostly filming it on the victims point of view rather than the perpetrator, as this would create more awareness and make people think about the victims situation ,and what they can do to help  reduce the percentage of domestic violence that is occurring. If I do this in my short film then, this could give people a better understanding of domestic violence with them watching and seeing how it effects this person having to endure with being beaten almost every day of there live and see why this can not continue.

    Location:

    For the location of my short film it would be likely to be in a house as most domestic abuse takes place in a house and a isolated area where it is just the the victim and the person who cause the violence to happen. I could make this short film to send a message about not being afraid to stand up and not be afraid to go out and stop physical abuse by calling for help in a lot of ways as you could do it throughout the phone to a police line as the police or asking for   help on websites. So in the short film that i am going to make, I will shoot in a house to show the effects of the victim being isolated and cut off from the outside world.

     Abusers would beat there partner to make sure that they do not try to get into contact with the outside world but when I shoot my film I will show that it will make your life much better if the vicim has courage and will try and get out of their abusive relationship by trying to get into contact with family or friends if some victims have family and friends that he or she is cut off from or try to get into contact with the authorities and get there help to get out of their abusive relation ship. So I will try and send that message through making this film to show that victims in the relationship are strong and can stand up for their rights.

    Phrase search



                  Law just answer, Domestic violence information a soclictor will answer you know available at: Law.justanswer.co.uk/soclictors 

 The type of reading that i have done in my research for making my short film about domestic abuse is (Phrase search) where i just type up the topic that i am doing which is domestic violence physical abuse and researching this to help me with what sort of techniques that i can add into my film which will create awareness by using this to help me. I have done this on google to help me do this.





    This is the stanford newspaper that i have read with concentration which gives me good information on how women and children are having to live in an environment of domestic violence.

 The newspaper states that a lot of people suffering from physical abuse kills far more people than civil wars worldwide. This shows that domestic abuse is a much bigger issue as it is taking a lot of lives as well as causing lives to suffer. I can use this information that i have got from the newspaper about women and children being killed from domestic violence so I can put some of this into my short film to show that domestic violence is not just making people suffer but it is also getting them killed. I can do this by editing my short film and putting texts on the screen to give this information to the viewers and this should help them understand the true meaning of physical abuse and that it has happened so many times and it must not be allowed to carry on so that many lives will be saved.




 Hughes,Z. Ebony exclusive,2000, Johnsan publication.http://www.ebony.com/

This is a magazine that I have found in my research of domestic violence and it is about surviving and ending relationships of abuse.The magazine is called EBONY, The information that I gathered from the magazine was ten ways to stop the cycle of abuse which can help people end their relationship of domestic abuse. Also, it goes into detail about each step on how to stop the cycle of abuse . I can use this for short film  by using the ten steps to stop the cycle of abuse and putting that into my short film by having someone performing each step to show people how to end a relationship of abuse. I would like to have this on my short film to show to viewers that victims in domestic abuse can get out of the situation that they are in by acting on their own to show that they are better than the abuser and if a lot of victims decide to do this then this can help reduce the number of domestic violence physical abuse even more.


   

        Hayes,J, Domestic violence from both sides of the fence, 1998, Dublin, Ireland.

 This a book that i have found about domestic violence. The book is about victims having to protect their children by having to remain silent so that the victim will not be separated from their children and that men are treated as the perpetrator rather then the vicim as it shows that it is stereotypical for the men to be dominant. In my short film i am going to subvert the stereotypical male and show the audience that anyone can be victims of domestic violence and that it does not always happen to just one gender but both.












                                           


               Tyrer, P, BJ psych,volume 8 , 2011, 189-194.

I have found a journal which tells me that domestic violence is accepted with mental illness. The journal that i have found is called BJPsych and it is a British journal of psychiarty and was published in 2011.  The journal explains that people with mental illnesses have this due to them being in a relation of domestic violence or being sexually abused. Also the journal talk about how they find solutions to help people with this illness by giving them therapy sessions with professionals. Domestic violence shows that it is causing this mental illness to people with things like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.



Leslie Segal, M, Help guide, 1996, http://www.helpguide.org/misc/about-us.htm

 my research on domestic violence i have found an intresting website which tells you about the signs of domestic violece from the victim living in a abusive relationship. :  It tells you about how abusive relationships can start. It also helps guide you to get help when in the relationship and you start to notice a sign of domestic abuse. I have read this website using word search by finding the key words such as vilonce and abuse. I can use this in my short film to make the audience aware about the signs of domestic violence and i will send a message through my short film to make sure to look out for a sign to prevent yourself from being in a abusive relationship.

Highlighted text

   This was a handout given to me by my teacher about the distribution about domestic films. There are important words that I highlighted on the handout about the short film that I am going to make about domestic violence. In the handout it mentions rasing awarness about domestic abuse being on a DVD and I highlighted it because my short film will not be on a DVD but will be made digital. Also, I highlighted raise awarness on the handout beacause that is what I want for my short film to create awarness about domestic violence. I have highlighted the word distributed as this is what I want for my short film so it will be reckonised by local boroughs and other agencys then will be futher distributed to pharmacist professionals and chiropodists. The handout talks about  promoting their film regionaly but I am aiming to make it national so that there is a whole range of people who are aware about this film of domestic violence and what it does to peoples life's.

What causes domestic violence?

Underlined passages
  • Domestic violence is caused by the abuser's desire for power and control
  • It stems from an imbalance of power between the sexes
  • It is not caused by alcohol, drugs, unemployment, stress or ill health. These are only excuses or justifications for an abuser’s behaviour. View more about the myths of domestic violence.
  • A combination of factors allows it to continue:
    – individual experiences of both the abuser and the abused (jealousy, fear of abandonment, low self-esteem);
    – society’s inadequate response (e.g. failure to prosecute, insufficient housing, lack of childcare, tendency to blame the abused woman);
    – society’s stereotypical beliefs and negative attitudes towards the roles of men and women (e.g. “love, honour and obey” and “you made your bed, you lie in it.”)
  • It continues because men are allowed to get away with it
Horley,s, Refuge, 1971, http://www.refuge.org.uk/who-we-are/

The extract that is above this text is from a website called refuge where people can call a phoneline to help them get out of their abusive relationship and they can seek refuge from the abuser and this group helps to stop abusive relationships from countinuing. This is a
extract from the website and it explains what causes domestic violence. For this i have underlined the whole passage in the text and the word I have underlined is abuse. I have underlined the top  sentence of this extract because this a true fact about domestic violence because this is caused when someone has the power and is incontrol of someones life. 


I have also underlined the imbalance of power between sexes as this is another reason for domestic violence to happen. The last bullet point of this extract that i have underlined is very important because men do get away with it and no one can do anything about this or stop it. I should use this for my short film to make people aware that there are some people who are getting away with abusing their partners and hopefully this should make the audience realise that this should stop and not be allowed to continue as this is destroying peoples life.  They could be living like this for the rest of their lives unless people step up and help prevent this by knowing what causes domestic violence and this is what I am going to show in my short film to give the audience a understanding on what causes domestic violence.


Using notes


                              Stark, E, 2012, Responding to domestic violence ( page 475) http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Vg-KrOyoFTkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=domestic+abuse&hl=en&sa=X&ei=VspsVIv6O5fGsQT88YDgAQ&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=domestic%20abuse&f=false

This is a book about domestic violence that i have got from google and I have used index.

  • The word that I am looking for in this index is Domestic ,violence and abuse.
  •  
_________________________________________________________________________________




   



No comments:

Post a Comment